All of us want to protect the planet we share. Champ Car Wash is committed to doing our part to conserve our natural resources and make our environment cleaner and safer for future generations.
You already know that we turn out the cleanest and shiniest vehicles in Chittenden County, but did you also know that using Champ Car Wash is the most environmentally responsible way to clean your vehicle? It’s true; a professional tunnel carwash like Champ requires far less water to clean your car than you would need if you washed it at home in your driveway. Plus, unlike driveway washing that has soapy water and debris run off into the storm water system, all the water used at Champ Car Wash is sent directly to our sewage system without being released untreated into the environment.
When looking for an earth-friendly carwash choice, we invite you to consider the following:
- Washing your car at home with a 5/8” hose running at 50 pounds per square inch of pressure uses about 10 gallons of water per minute. The average flow rate at a professional tunnel carwash like Champ is only 3 gallons per minute.
- Driveway washing releases dirty water and soap directly into the storm water system. This leads to pollution of our rivers, streams and ground water.
- Champ uses only Fresh Water when rinsing your car.
- The water used at Champ Car Wash goes directly to sewage treatment facilities, where it has toxins removed before being released back to the environment.
- The high pressure nozzles and pumps used at a professional carwash like Champ Car Wash allow us to clean vehicles in less time, using less water and less energy.
- Champ Car Wash uses state of the art computer controllers to operate its equipment with to-the-inch precision. This equipment allows us to use water and electricity with greater efficiency.
- Our computer controller also has several features that allow us to use electricity more efficiently. For example, when a vehicle leaves our dryer station, a special “look ahead” feature in our controller will determine if it’s more energy efficient to turn the dryer off, or leave it on if another vehicle is approaching. (Restarting a dryer creates a “spike” in the consumption of electricity, so if an approaching vehicle is close enough, allowing the dryer to continue operating uses less energy than shutting it down and restarting it.)
By keeping your car clean with regular visits to Champ Car Wash, you’ll also be doing something nice for the environment. When you have your car cleaned by Champ Car Wash, dirt, debris and harmful chemical residues on the vehicle surface are removed safely, rather than running off into the storm water system with the next rainfall.
You and Champ Car Wash. . . Together we can keep our cars clean and our planet green!